Saturday, August 10, 2013

It's been quite a while

Well, blogging definitely didn't stay on my list of "musts" while thing got busy. Sorry 'bout that!

In the past few months, I've been a part of an amazing journey. Along with 11 other women, Sofia's Angels, we walked the Boston Susan G Komen 3-Day, 60 mile walk for breast cancer. When I decided to sign up for the walk, and the huge feat of fundraising $2300 in order to participate, I never would have imagined what a life-changing event it would be.

I've had a chance to get to know my teammates over the past year through Facebook, texts messages, etc but coming together really formed a bond that has exceeded all my expectations.

The journey was amazing through sweat, tears and some blisters (luckily none for me) we have truly formed a sisterhood. We were all brought together in memory of Sofia, the mother of our team captain. In her memory we bonded, we walked, we raised awareness and we opened our hearts. I will forever be grateful that I was a part of it.

Sadly, the SGK walk will not be held in Boston next year - but our team has spread to other locations. Not even a week after the walk, I had already registered to walk Philadelphia. That my home turf, yet the areas we will walk will be new to me!!

I cannot wait to make more memories over the next year, and meet new people as our team expands!

No comments:

Post a Comment