Saturday, February 8, 2014

Starting over; the 2014 Bucket List

I was inspired by a friend who recently started a blog and told me about making a 2014 bucket list for different areas of your life.

I love this idea, I think it's a great way to challenge yourself and also keep track of happenings throughout the year. So here I am, I'm back to my blog and I'm putting my list out there for everyone to see (or anyone who stumbles across my abandoned blog!).

Fitness
1.Focus on healthy eating and portion control.
2. Start and finish the couch to 5k program
4. Complete a 5k
5. Complete the 24 week SGK training program, as close to program mileage as possible.
6. Complete the Philly SGK 3-Day and try to walk as much as possible, farther than last year (Last year = approx. 47 miles)

Family
1. Be more patient
2. Go to the shore at least once this summer
3. Go out for more family walks/trips to the park
4. Spend more one on one time with each of the kids
5. Do more arts and crafts with the kids
6. Take the kids to Disney and just enjoy it – no stressing, no rushing.
7. Go to at least one Phillies game this year – try for a Kids Run the Bases event.
8. Learn to disconnect; no computer/phone at least one night per week.

Career
1. Work harder to step out of my comfort zone.
2. Network more.
3. Learn more about Immuno-Oncology
4. Learn to disconnect from work on weekends/time off.

Personal
1. Read a book a month/average 12 books
2. Improve my knitting
3. Improve my style (clothes, makeup) by learning to blend colors better
4. Crochet more for myself and my family
5. Expand my Scentsy circles

Financial
1. Pay off the 4Runner.
2. Do the 52 week savings jar (at least until October – use for Christmas shopping)
3. Pay down debt
4. Budget better, and stick within the budget
5. Spend less on coffee & soda


So, there it is. The categories are in no special order. I hope to come back monthly, or at least quarterly, and update what I've done or what I'm working on! Care to share your bucket list? Leave a comment with a link to yours!

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment